CUCHI TUNNEL - MEKONG RIVER DELTA FULL DAY
|Tour duration||1 DAY|
|Tour start/end||Saigon - Saigon|
Our 1 day trip offers you a chance to see a mixture of culture and history. The tunnels of Cuchi are an immense network of connecting underground tunnels located in the Củ Chi District of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam, and are part of a much larger network of tunnels that underlie much of the country. The Cuchi tunnels were the location of several military campaigns during the Vietnam War. You have great time to discover Mekong River Delta. The delta, which yields enough rice to feed the country with a sizable surplus, was formed by sediment deposited by the Mekong. The process continues today, with silt deposits extending the shoreline by as much as 80m per year. The river is so large that it has two daily tides. Lush with rice paddies and fish farms, this delta plain also nourishes the cultivation of sugarcane, fruit, coconut and shrimp. Although the area is primarily rural, it is one of the most densely populated regions in Vietnam and nearly every hectare is intensively farmed.
Leave your hotel, we drive about more than 2 hours to Cuchi tunnels, passing through many beautiful countryside with rubber plantations, villages and rivers. On arrival Cuchi tunnels, you will enjoy a short introduction of documentary film to learn about history of the region. Then, we start our visit to this amazing tunnel system. Our guide will show you the secret entrance of the tunnels and the traps VC used to kill invaders.
Visiting to Cuchi tunnels, you should not miss crawling through narrow and low tunnels, that is great time for you to experience the feeling of people living inside. Now, most of tunnels opened for tourists were widened and lit up with low power lights so it is safe and you can fit in easily.
Finish your tour to Cuchi tunnels with a small meal of cassava, the main local food for VC during the war. You can see a special kitchen invented by Hoangcam, this kitchen was designed to cook but doesn’t give out smoke, because US airplane often bombed when they saw smoke coming out, so this is ideal kitchen during the war for VC.
Enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant.
Continue to start Mekong River Delta tour:
• Cruising on Tien river (Mekong River) and seeing four islands: Dragon, Unicorn, Tortoise, Phoenix. Enjoy fresh coconut juice
• To visit fish floating market and Fish-craft village along Tien River.
• Stop at Unicorn island, go walking around countryside road, seeing orchards, enjoy tropical fruits and listen to traditional music. Take a horse-cart riding along Quoi Son village with peaceful scenery.
• Take a rowing boat on small canal with beautiful scenery of countryside, to visit honey-bee farm and enjoy honey-tea.
• To boat up Tien River to Tan Thach canal (Ben Tre) visit coconut candy workshop and handicraft workshop. Come back to My Tho. Finish your tour at My Tho harbor. Take our private bus back Hochiminh city.
This price includes:
Transportation in private vehicles
Boat trip in Mekong River Delta
Professional English speaking guide.
Admission fees to indicated sights.
Drinking water on bus
Trip do not includes:
Tippings and gratuities
Others not clearly mentioned
Ask a question about this tour?Your Name*:
Enter the code in the box below: