HOIAN FULL DAY COOKING TOUR
|Tour duration||1 day|
|Travel style||Culinary tour|
|Tour price||50 USD/person|
Designed for food enthusiasts wanting an in-depth understanding of Vietnamese cuisine. Hands-on cooking from start to finish of 4 famous Vietnamese dishes including ‘Beef Noodle Soup (Pho)’ & Clay Pot Fish with Dill (Cha Ca). Visit Tra Que organic herb gardens, purchase ingredients at the local village market, 3 hours of in-depth hands on cooking, lunch, and return trip to Hoi An by boat.
Full day : From 8.00 to 15.00
Start the day with a welcome drink at Hai Café at 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town – our meeting point.
Travel by minivan (10 minutes) to Tra Que Organic Village, and walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago - no electrical machinery here. We pick fresh saw-tooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home.
To the local village market and with shopping list in hand we purchase a range of local ingredients, including star anise, cardamom, sesame rice paper, water spinach and banana flower.
Arriving at Red Bridge Cooking School we have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Red Bridge Chef we learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes, including the national dish ‘Pho’.
After the class we sit down and a chance to savour the dishes we have prepared.
Leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River back to central Hoi An.
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 metre swimming pool.
Recipes: Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
1. Beef Noodle Soup (Pho) ( includes the making of fresh rice noodles)
2. Clay Pot Fish with Fresh Dill (Cha Ca)
3. Lemongrass Shrimp grilled in Banana Leaves (Tom Nuong La Chuoi)
4. Grilled Chicken and Banana Flower Salad (Goi Hoa Chuoi Ga Nuong)
Lunch includes all of the above meals
Finish at approximately 2.30pm – transfer back to central Hoi An arriving approximately 3.00pm.
PRICE: 50 USD/ person
The price may vary at times, it depends on your group size, time of booking and any special request. Please contact us for the best price!
- Lunch and all drinks (including wine, beer & soft drinks)
- Tra Que Village tour – entrance fees and herbal drink at local home
- Red Bridge apron and recipe booklet
- Local English speaking chef / guide
- Cooking demonstration and lunch
- Boat from Red Bridge Cooking School back to central Hoi An
- Free use of Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided)
- Transfer from your hotel to Hai Scout Café
- Tipping & personal fee outside the program
- Travel insurance
- Others not clearly mentioned
Ask a question about this tour?Your Name*:
Enter the code in the box below: